OCEANS is a bi-annual event for global marine researchers, technologists, engineers, students, and policymakers. The researchers and industrial leaders gather for four days to highlight, discuss and exchange relevant topics and current trends in marine technologies. This will help in creating awareness on advanced research areas, practices, and policies for the marine ﬁeld. The Marine Technology Society, IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society have partnered with National Institute of Ocean Technology and Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai to present the prestigious OCEANS Conference & Exposition (Oceans 2022 Chennai), which will draw an audience of more than 2,000 attendees.
The Oceans 2022 Chennai will be held as a HYBRID conference, with an option available to attend the conferences physically and virtually, as per your comfort. This decision was taken keeping in view the health and safety of the attendees, amidst the pandemic. With increased vaccination coverage across population, stabilising trend and opening of international travel – we encourage you to join us in Chennai – let’s explore together!
The innovative program will include technical sessions, invited sessions on specialised topics, plenary sessions, a student poster competition, outreach and media sessions, discussion panels, live feeds, tutorials, student hackathons and exhibits with the following highlights;
- Over 500 professionally reviewed technical papers, including sessions focused on local themes.
- Plenary sessions with leaders from industry, academia, defense forces and the government.
- Exhibitors showcasing the latest innovations in products and services from across the globe.
- A student poster session featuring outstanding projects from around the world and other student activities, including hackathons for student.
- Tutorials, workshops, product demonstrations, government listening sessions, social and networking opportunities, professional ﬁeld trips etc.
You are cordially invited to the beautiful city of Chennai for lively sessions and discussions on ocean-related issues and to experience the magic of the oceans spanning centuries of maritime history.