COVID Guidelines for Physical Attendance & Other FAQs
In view of the global COVID-19 pandemic and its worldwide impact, OCEANS 2022 Chennai (India) will be held as a HYBRID Edition, with an option available to attend the conference physically (in-person) or virtually (online).
Listed below are a few guidelines for those who are planning to participate in OCEANS 2022 Chennai physically.
- Kindly check the travel policies of the country/ state you are travelling from and to, beforehand.
- We strongly encourage everyone who is sick to stay at home without fear of reprisal.
- Please note that only those who are vaccinated (required doses) for COVID-19 will be allowed to attend the conference, in-person.
- The participants/ visitors will not enter the venue if the body temperature is not normal.
- Wearing mask correctly and consistently at all times is mandatory. If an individual does not adhere to this, they will not be permitted inside the venue or may be requested to leave the venue.
- The only 2 reasons which will be accepted for attendees not to wear a mask are:
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability.
- While consuming any food or beverages.
- Respiratory etiquettes are to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/ handkerchief/ flexed elbow and properly disposing off the used tissues.
- We discourage attendees and staff from greeting others with physical contact (for example, handshakes or hugs) and practice NAMASTE (by joining the palms of both hands), an age-old non-contact form of respectfully greeting and honouring the opposite person or group in India, or any other non-contact method to be used at any time of the day.
- If a participant has acute symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, during the conference or in the meeting room; participants are required to contact the Medical Room or contact the conference manager at the help desk.
- There will be hand sanitisers provided in the venue at multiple locations and attendee are requested to use them regularly.
- Frequent sanitization at high touch point areas such as food courts, counters, toilets, trash bins, convention centre, lounges etc. will be done on regular intervals.
How do I log into the virtual platform to attend the sessions?
You will remember the login credentials in the email you have used to register, closer to the conference dates. Your username will be the email address you used to register for the event. Please check your spam filters if you do not see this email.
How do I log into the virtual platform to present my talk?
You will have to log in using the same credentials and enter the respective hall/ session through the faculty lounge.
What email address should I use to log in?
You must use the email address you used to register for the conference. If you are unsure what email was used, please refer to your conference registration confirmation.
What time zone will the event be in?
OCEANS 2022 will hosted as per the Indian Standard Time – IST (GMT/UTC +5:30h).
How do I watch content if the live viewing time is not convenient for my time zone?
All OCEANS 2022 content will remain accessible in the platform until April 2022.
What if the content is not loading and giving “glitches”?
Ensure you are using a supported browser. We recommend Google Chrome on your laptop/ desktop connected to a stable internet connection.
Clear your browser’s cache. For less technical users, this guide will walk you through the process: https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/.
This is my first virtual conference. Where should I start?
When you log into the virtual platform you will arrive at the virtual lobby. From this view, you can navigate through the OCEANS 2022 content and resources by clicking & entering the respective halls/ areas labelled respectively.
How can I search for Technical Sessions?
From the OCEANS 2022 Lobby you can access the conference agenda to check the “Technical Sessions” and will be able to search by category, name of the presenters or session title.
Can I ask questions to the speakers during the live sessions if attending the congress virtually?
Yes, you can ask questions by clicking on the “Q&A” button and typing them after the lecture has started. The chairs of each session will address your question/s to the speakers, who will answer during the discussion time according to the program; depending on the time in hand.
FYI: Once you’ve clicked the expand button to view the presentation screen, the “Q&A” button
might not be visible. Minimise the video window and click on the Q&A button.
How can I connect directly with Exhibitors & Patrons?
From the OCEANS Lobby, visit the “Exhibit Hall” and click through to their virtual booth. You will be able to communicate through live type chat or video chat, as per the availability of the exhibitor.
Can I only visit the exhibit hall at specific times of the day?
Please visit the Exhibit Hall whenever is convenient for you. However, you will be able to chat with the exhibitor only if he/ she is online at that time.
Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
You will be able to download an e-certificate of attendance on the last day of the conference, through the certificate booth in the virtual conference lobby.
Can I pause the live stream and continue at a later moment?
The live stream cannot be paused, as the sessions and presentations are all held live.
Can other attendees see my name on the platform?
The other users of the platform will not be able to see your name and nor will be able to contact
My question is not listed in the FAQ. Who should I contact?
We are here to assist you; please contact the conference secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org ) & we will be able to solve your issue. Inside the platform, you will be able to reach out to us via the Chat Icon available in the virtual lobby, besides the information desk.
- Exhibitors are requested to deploy not more than 2 personnel in their booths.
- One visitor at each time shall be permitted at the smaller booths.
- In the larger booths visitors will be permitted maintaining a distance of 2 meters (6 feet) between each other.
- Booth to be designed with surfaces that can be easily cleaned.
- Avoid handling of displays. Heavy screens to be used to showcase products and information.
- Booth technology touch points to be placed well apart.