Abstract Submissions are now open
Abstracts and full technical papers must fall under one of these topics.
The Call for Papers will be open to abstracts in the following categories:
1. Regular Technical Program: Technical papers are the core of the OCEANS technical program. An abstract is submitted, and if selected, you are required to write a paper per instructions for publication in IEEE Xplore. Further, to achieve publication, you or one of your listed co-authors are required to prepare and upload a recorded presentation of the paper. OCEANS 2022 Chennai will be a hybrid conference, with both on-site and virtual components. Authors submitting abstracts to the technical program will be given the option to present either on-site in Chennai or through the conference’s virtual platform.
2. Student Poster Competition (SPC): Students may submit abstracts to the Student Poster Competition. If an abstract is chosen, the student will then submit a full paper and poster which will be presented during the conference in the student poster section of the exhibit hall. Following the conference, the paper will then be published in IEEE Xplore. This competition is open to any full-time student in an accredited program. The student must be listed as the lead and corresponding author. Selected applicants, based on abstract reviews, will have travel and registration expenses subsidized. Those abstracts which are accepted into the regular technical program, but are not selected for the SPC, will be invited to submit a paper presentation to a Technical Session in one of the regular conference tracks.
3. Commercial Papers: A second type of paper may be submitted as part of the technical program – the commercial paper. Commercial papers may be submitted and if accepted, they will be presented in a designated track. They may include commercial content and will not be published as part of IEEE Xplore.
4. General Poster Session: The General Poster session is open to all authors (student and non-student). Authors participating in this session will have the option to upload a pre-recorded poster presentation in lieu of an oral presentation of the paper. Additionally, the author has the option to present the poster on site during a live session at the conference in Chennai. Participants in the General Poster session are still required to upload a final paper PDF for publication in IEEE Xplore.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format, and must be created by the author (co-authors are allowed).
- 500 word minimum; 1000 word maximum; 2 page maximum – inclusive of text, graphics, and references.
- Please include at the top of the abstract the name of the principal author, the institute or affiliation the paper represents, and the title of the paper.
- The originally-submitted abstract cannot be used as a substitute for the conference paper. Please note that abstract PDFs do not need to be converted through the IEEE Xplore PDF eXpress service.
- Authors of accepted papers are expected to prepare and submit the conference paper (4 to 10 pages) for conference proceedings at the conference (additional instructions will be given at that time).
We encourage authors to be creative in your participation. Please contact us with your proposals if you are considering one or more of the following activities:
- Organizing a Technical Session or Track.* Authors are invited to consider ‘championing’ a particular topic of interest to you and your colleagues, and coordinating multiple submissions into a Special Session or Track. Sessions are approximately 90 minutes, consisting of presentations of submitted, peer-reviewed abstracts (and submitted papers). However, you are welcome to work with the Technical Program Committee to have a format that might include longer featured talks, paper submissions (meeting same deadlines as regular technical program) or shorter presentations with a panel discussion, and the option of no paper. Common sessions may be organized into an announced Technical Track with a sub-theme to reflect specialized topics.
- Organizing a Technical Demonstration, Tutorial, or Workshop. Acceptance of abstracts for pre-conference Technical Demonstrations, Tutorials, and/or Workshops is now open.
Thank you to our patrons
25 June 2021
Abstracts submission opening
31 August 2021
Deadline for tutorial proposals CLOSED 06 15 September 2021
Deadline for abstract submission
30 October 2021
31 October 2021
30 November 2021
Student poster acceptance notification
30 December 2021
Final paper upload and registration deadline
10 January 2022
Deadline for early bird registration fee